is it normal?

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Is it normal for baby arowanas to lie on the bottom of the tank? mine is "standing" by its tail on the bottom of the tank.

what causes this?

does it happen with adult aros too?

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Also, is it normal for the baby aros to swim at a slight angle?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
If its a bad, it maybe a swim bladder issue. Do you have lots of air stones or aeration in your tank?

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If its a bad, it maybe a swim bladder issue. Do you have lots of air stones or aeration in your tank?
Not serious IMO. I have a canister filter at the other side of my divider.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
My five 20-28"ers tend to lay low on the bottom and rest from time to time as there are no other tank mates but a bit weird hes "standing" on his tail. Im sure hes ok tho, ive found mine started doing this when they were kept alone with no "bottom dwellers" to bother them or scare them back to the top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My five 20-28"ers tend to lay low on the bottom and rest from time to time as there are no other tank mates but a bit weird hes "standing" on his tail. Im sure hes ok tho, ive found mine started doing this when they were kept alone with no "bottom dwellers" to bother them or scare them back to the top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
thanks. Mines all OK now. he's swimming at the surface now.

AJmen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2013
PH
Mine does it occasionally when he was young up until now :) IDK the reason why though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store