Live feeder foods?

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
Do any of you up guys use live feeder food as your main source of food for your fish? Also, what exactly do most saltwater fish (eg tangs, clownfish, gobys) eat?

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I feed my fish an coral mysis shrimp and pellets. The only live food I've heard of that people feed there fish would be live copepods which I also have in my tank because of my refugium

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
The only "live food" I put in my tank are fish my eel deems fit for a meal. Some people use mollies, but frozen foods are the way to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I regularly stocked my display with live phytoplankton (3-5 varieties depending on how fast my cultures regrew) live zooplankton (depending on my culturing tanks and availability, 4-6 varieties both bottom dwellers and ones that stay in the water column), live Amphipods, 1-3 types (not sure about this as I bought a mixed culture to start my own culture so it could still be all 3 or just down to 1), live small shrimp varieties such as Mysis, as well as various types of worms/snails which act as detrivores but second as a food source. I haven't found a small enough live fish that is salt water and has the proper nutrient spectrum for me to add any live feeder fish yet. Of course I also grew marco algae like Gracilaria and Ulva, to use as a "live" food for tangs and other herbivores. All of these things second as coral food, big mouth corals can eat the larger stuff, where as filter feeding corals or corals with tiny mouths can eat the phytos and newly hatched zooplankton or young amphis etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store