Problem with fishing scale?

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I bought a berkeley digital fishing scale today. I bring it home and it does this when I hold down power. it just does this and flashes the same screen over and over. Heres a pic
uploadfromtaptalk1370137775838.jpg
These are some weird batteries ive never seen this size. Might be dead or a defective one. Anyone have this happen before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Can anyone help? Im about to go to bed and not sure how to fix it. I think batteries should help. Just trying to make sure first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jackson2

Feeder Fish
May 23, 2014
PA
Why not you buy one at amazon because there are many trusted company that are selling variety of scale with quality parts.And you don't have to face these type of battery and other problems in that scales.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I was at Dicks a couple of weeks ago, a guy was in there returning his 4th Berkley scale, looks to be the same issue. It may be a bad batch of batteries. I would take it back and use another brand for now. I have the same scale but I got mine a few years ago and still works great, no batteries have been installed yet. I have IGFA certify my scale every year and its within spec each time.

just3542

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
North Haledon, New Jersey
Mine does the same thing, except I think mines a Rapala. After holding down power, tap the power button once. The flashing, on my scale at least, is just to signify you can select the mode it measures (lbs/oz, kg, etc.). Always worth a shot before returning it, you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jackson2

Feeder Fish
May 23, 2014
PA
I think you must call scale manufacturer to replace that battery if they provide you after sale services for that scale. Or you can buy a new battery from any company which offer scale accessories.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store