UK members part II...

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
I didnt want to hijack danno's thread for mail order dry goods in uk, so heres a new one asking about where people here in the uk order fish from? More monster oriented than half a dozen neon tetras and a red tailed shark :)

classicdriller

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2013
bristol
I just cant bring myself to use them due to a severe distrust of all delivery services. Also how do you know the conditions of current housing or what it's feeding on.

Maybe I just have trust issues

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Ive ordered from a few places and up to now no real problems. I had a gar damaged in transit, but full recovery has been made. The place Ive used most is Trimar, its only about 60 miles away from me but up to recently transport was an issue. Ive since been down there and all looks good. I hear what you are saying though it is a bit of a gamble. Trouble is if I want to expand to rarer more unusual fish i could be waiting a lifetime for something to turn up in a lfs near me. I know I could drive round the country, but that seems a little random.

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
I have only ordered one fish via mail order and that was a piranha from Trimar. I had to find one at the right size to go with my existing two.
I live a good 6 hour drive away, if by by car, and it came packaged nicely with a heat pack etc. I did think it was dead when it arrived, but it was in a 'trance' of some sort and soon jumped to life.

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
Iv used rare aquatics a few times, always good quality stock and fish delivered in fine health, heat packed in poly boxes. I always try and get pictures or video sent to me of fish that im looking to order. I much prefer to go and pick out the fish myself but not always possible to make the 4 hour trip.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elisuwe

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
england, wiltshire
I got healthy fish from trimar, only place I've ordered online really

Sent from my C6603 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Im liking rare aqautics... first time ive seen payara available. if only i had a place for one!!! The red wolf fish are tempting me too!

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
Pier aquatics in WIGAN never fails to impress me when i go, but i'm almost 100% sure they don't deliver. Oddball express (Ross) seems decent too, i had a true parrot off him and can't fault the service.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Rare aquatics are good ive never ordered on line from them but I have been up to the shop a few times its a nice set up loads of decent quality fish and helpful advice , plus lots of cats and pred fish perfect for your average mfk'r :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store