Gar just took shrimp!

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
technically needle nose are "other characins" not true gars :) But Gratz OP non the less those guys ime are even harder then true gar to get offa live foods.

Pontis Lebowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Under Water Bolling Lane
Thank you. Yea I wasn't sure where to post so I just tried general discussion. I have Hujeta gars too. I think they are some type of pike? I love them. They stay the size I need. Too bad they don't come with the markings like true gars have. Id pay good price for a gar that stayed 8" with good markings.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Hmm, I figured he was talking about osseus. Either way, good job getting him to eat dead. The false gars are probably harder to break than the real ones!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
needle nose here is hujeta pike or longnose gar?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
needle nose here is hujeta pike or longnose gar?
Since he says that he's keeping the fish in question with hujetas, I'm going to assume that if he's not talking about L. osseus then he's talking about Xenentodon cancila.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Yup not a real gar. It's a characin. Don't know species name but they are labeled as needle nose gars.

Nonetheless good job! Now just wait till he takes one of the bottom of the tank. One my Florida did that I was so excited

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Nice and healthy looking! mine got about 12" before I tried putting a FLG with it ( HUGE mistake) my FLG shred it overnight, thankfully I found the needle a good home very fast. Really cool fish though despite the food bill mine racked up before finally taking pellets. those things can eat!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store