aggresive

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
whats a very aggresive fish that will attack other fish and rip them appart . something that has big teeth and can live in an 120 gallon i looked in freshwater but didnt find a fish i liked so now im hopeing saltwater has the fish i want pics are helpfull.

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
Triggerfish.
Or maybe a vorax moray....:headbang2

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
I have seen Triggers in many situations kept with other fish. They are only "nasty" towards conspecifics and feeder fish.

Are you looking for a fish that will "rip apart" feeder fish? If that is the case, just about any Cichlid will do. Even a convict attacks relentlessly when given the chance.

If you like saltwater, then I would like to suggest a pufferfish. The freshwater ones also.
Morays have teeth for grabbing, not for tearing, though. They like to swallow their food whole.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
im looking for a fish like a snakehead i want a snakehead but i live in the u.s so probly wont get one but is there a fish like it

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
Since it feeder fish i think you want it to rip apart then an undulate trigger is probably something to look at. Niger triggers are also pretty cool especially with there small mouths they do alot of ripping. Both will bash things against the rocks to help break things up. Some wrasses will do the same. Tuskfish have cool teeth and will eat small feeders and also tear them up abit. Groupers have really cool teeth but eat alot quicker.
Just be aware except for the grouper they will all eat most things you put in there to help clean the tank to like hermit crabs and snails.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
i thought grouper got really big is there one that can fit in my tank and can trigger fish have any tankmates or will thay kill everything

MistirE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hawaii
pahrana, eels, hmmm?

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
killerfish;684078; said:
i thought grouper got really big is there one that can fit in my tank and can trigger fish have any tankmates or will thay kill everything
hmmm good point i didnt pay attention to your tank size. A coral cod (miniatus grouper in US i think) will get about 18 inches and take a few years to get there but will probably get to big. Triggerfish are like cichlids sorta while one may let you have tankmates then next will destroy anything that touches the water.
The small mouth triggers are generally more friendly but there are no guarantees.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
ok i looked at some triggers and some are really good looking so now i have to ask how active are thay

MistirE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hawaii
Well, I'll tell you one thing....the are not a bore to watch! pretty active.:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store