MonsterFang's Hydrocynus tanzaniae (TATF) growout thread

MonsterFang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA U.S.A.
My TATF started eating hikari carnivore sinking pellets after 9 days of starving I also have 2 silver dollar as a teacher fish heres a feeding video this is taken today 3rd day he started eating pellets :
[video=youtube;nmeq5KeR-gA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmeq5KeR-gA[/video]

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Good job. I don't think my Tatf's are eating pellets yet but I haven't tried starving them yet as they are only about 4" and in a tank full of dithers and pellet eaters.So hopefully sooner then later. I just drop the pellets in and leave as they are still spooked when I stand in front of the tank and watch. Every couple days I feed frozen shrimp and smelt which the Tatf's have no problem devouring!

MonsterFang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA U.S.A.
Thanks chicxulub your thread about how to teach your ATF to eat pellets was very helpful I followed that instruction very helpful and it worked for my TATF especially for my GATF right when I bought my gatf I started starving with a teacher fish 2 silver dollar and 2 bala shark on the 9th day it started eating pellets ,I don't know if its a coincidence because my TATF also started eating pellets on th 9th day i'm thinking number 9 is probably my lucky number ,lol

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Cool glad to see... It is really hard to do yhat

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thanks chicxulub your thread about how to teach your ATF to eat pellets was very helpful I followed that instruction very helpful and it worked for my TATF especially for my GATF right when I bought my gatf I started starving with a teacher fish 2 silver dollar and 2 bala shark on the 9th day it started eating pellets ,I don't know if its a coincidence because my TATF also started eating pellets on th 9th day i'm thinking number 9 is probably my lucky number ,lol
Glad I could help! :cheers:

Did your gatf ever go after the balas? Mine refused to tolerate balas for some reason. He was systematic and thorough about killing them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store