Has anyone ever used Black Diamond blasting abrasive for sand? Input please??

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
So I have had a few people tell me about this black diamond sand blasting sand that you can use for black sand in your fish tank and it works great, has anyone on here ever used it or know of anyone who has used it? I have been looking for black sand forever for my cichlid tank and can not find anything for less then $1.50 per pound and I need at least 300 lbs. I have done some research online and have seen a lot of good remarks about it, but I found a lot of bad remarks about it as well, So I was hoping to find someone who has used it and can help make up my mind.. thank you for any help you can give me with this..

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
lots of posts on it, use the search function.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Hey Bob, thank you very much for giving me that link.. I found so very interesting comments on there.. so like it and some don't, but the part that I found so interesting was not one person mentioned anything about the fact that the stuff has a lot of little pieces of metal in it.. I bought a few bags of the stuff to try it and when I was rinsing it out in a 5 gallon bucket I put a magnet in there and pulled out all kind of metal.. So I rinsed the magnet and put it back in there and pulled out more metal, after about a hour of doing this the magnet came out clean and free of metal... I just want to see if anyone else has anything real bad to say about it before I use it in my cichlid tank... thanks again buddy I appreciate the help...

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Not a problem. I normally dont use MFK's search. I have a different way of searching this site.:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Im going to get some as soon as I can. My moms fiance is a miner. He has like hundreds of thousands of pounds of this stuff and said I can take all I want. Im thinking about it just gotta get my 125 I want then fill it with this

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Im going to get some as soon as I can. My moms fiance is a miner. He has like hundreds of thousands of pounds of this stuff and said I can take all I want. Im thinking about it just gotta get my 125 I want then fill it with this
I would think that kind would be different, at least a lot bigger then the 20/40 you should use in a tank.. just make sure you wash it real good before you use it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store