Disappearing Fish

lbush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2013
MI
I just started an aquarium a little over a week ago. I had 5 bluegills and a crappie minnow. The bluegills ranged in size from about one 3in, two 2in, and two about 1in. The crappie is about 2 in. After a week, i have had the two 1in bluegills and one 2in bluegill disappear from the aquarium without a trace. I checked the filter the gravel, everything. There is no possible way for anything outside the aqaurium to have gotten into it without me knowing. Is it possible that the other fish ate them? I'm completely baffled.

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC
the crappie minnow ate them

lbush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2013
MI
think so? it doesn't seem like it would be big enough and i would think there would be signs of it

lbush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2013
MI
haha I'm thinking they got eaten. I checked the filter multiple times and there's nothing in there. I didn't think any of the fish were big enough to eat any of the others though!

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Crappie have very large mouths that you wouldnt expect at a small size. The only way this could happen is taken in by filter or eaten by the crappie or the larger gills. I would post a picture of size of a crappies mouth compared to body size, but my app is really messed up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store