Reaction 4 sucking in air

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
My reaction4 canister filter recently started leaking so I replaced the o-ring on it. It stopped leaking but now it is constantly sucking in air. I do not know where it's coming from but every few days, it'll ne so full of air that it stops working and I have to unplug it and prime it again. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I'm not familiar with that particular brand of canister filter but have you checked the instruction manual for troubleshooting tips?

Sometimes it's due to an installation height requirement not being followed, loops or sags in the hoses, intake connection in the tank drawing in air, air operated devices near the suction intake, etc.

How long have you had this particular filter?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I've had this filter for about 5 years. It was running on my 150g nonstop until it started leaking so I replaced the I-ring on it and installed it on my parents 29g goldfish tank because they refuse to get a bigger tank or get rid of some of the fish so I figured adding a huge canister to their tank will definitely help. This is the filter that has a uv sterilizer built in to it.
Unfortunately I do not have the instruction manual anymore but I did not put the height requirement into consideration. It is sitting right next to the tank so I'll try to find a way to put it below the tank and hopefully that'll help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Here is the Instruction Manual

I didn't see specific info for installation heights during my quick read of it but it does need to be located below the aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store