3D Backgrounds

xjman18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Houston
I have a 210 aquarium that I am in the process of doing a complete overhaul on
I really want to install a 3D background into it but I want to be able to run everything behind it so its hidden
I have 2 fluval fx5s so intake on both of those and then have built spray bars for the returns. I also have 2 heaters and multiple airlines. My big question is how to incorporate the the spray bars and will the heaters be an issue behind there. I am aware of inline heaters but have not found any meant for a tank this size. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my MB855 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Art vandlay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
North ca
This is the back ground I got
http://www.aquascapeonline.com/aqua...nds-aquaterra-rainforest-aquarium-background/
I drilled hole in mine an have five fluval 406 I drilled holes for the out put an 3 hole on the bottom with a hole saw about a inch for the in take now that I have a idea how to do it next time it will be way better i shoulda planed it better I didn't leave enough room behind the back ground when I siliconed it in I can barley fit my arm back there. I should of back all the in take an out holes on the side so the dont stand out as image.jpgmuch an I have in line heaters hydor 300 watt to themimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
I did the same thing with mine on my 75 gallon, 3 holes along the bottom with mesh siliconed in, and a notch at the top on one end for the spray bar, a notch on the other end with mesh in case of overflow...

Lesson learned for me: Make sure you set it out enough for whatever gravel vaccum you have to fit behind it, you'll want to vaccum back there occasionally. I didn't think ahead far enough...

Still works, looks good, just made maintenance harder for me.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Go to designsbynature.net they have step by step instructions on how to install their backgrounds.

xjman18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Houston
I am currently speaking with designbynature and they are trying to come up with something the height of the tank at 30" is the primary problem as of now.

Sent from my MB855 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
Designs by Nature is where I got my Slimline 3D background... I was happy with the quality, just kind of a learning curve installing it, next one will be even better!

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store