400g price quote

callmechris

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2011
Ma
Hey guys I'm starting to save up for a 400g tank, does anyone know how much a used one goes for around Massachusetts?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CichlidKevin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
Braintree,MA
where in ma are you buying it? Id like to know a store around Ma that carries larger than average tanks, I believe most have to be ordered

callmechris

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2011
Ma
Sorry I should of clarified. I'm looking to buy a used tank possibly from someone on here or craigslist and just wanna make sure I have enough money before shopping around. But I live in West Brookfield ma.

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
glass or acrylic? Get a quote from glasscages to get a ballpark price. I only get new tanks now, many issues through the years with buying used tanks off CL and even MFK.

callmechris

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2011
Ma
I'd prefer acrylic but wouldn't pass up a great,deal on a glass. When I get home I'll look at some new tanks too. Do you have any good sites from New acrylic tanks? Thanks
glass or acrylic? Get a quote from glasscages to get a ballpark price. I only get new tanks now, many issues through the years with buying used tanks off CL and even MFK.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
The thing with glass is you need twice as many guys to lift it vs an acrylic tank. If you don't have enough friends willing to help, you've gotta hire guys to help you move it. A 240g glass weighs abiut 450 lbs and you'd need 4 guys at least to lift it. So that's why I always pick acrylic. Easier/cheaper to move and stronger too.

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
I have been looking for a long time and haven't seen any tanks that size on CL however there is someone selling a 220 for $200.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store