Gar ID

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
The owner of this fish is selling it as a Spotted. I'm guessing it's actually a Florida. I'd be getting it for almost free, just need a confirmation of what I'd really be getting. The gar is currently 18". ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1370820138.055920.jpg
Thanks in advance for the help!
Drew

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
Hmm. Looks like I'll be passing on it then. Even though he'll be a slower grower at this size, I wouldn't be able to upgrade from a 180 anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I disagree. I have 5x long nose from 14-19". Eating everything offered and I can't sell them. Even at all for $100

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I found as a general rule anything that's going to get 2'+ or over the 180/220 footprint needs is almost impossible to re-home well once they start getting that size. Unless its something very rare/nice. and even then at least around the Midwest here people have other focus' for their money. The economy right now just isn't what it use to be even last year in the aquarium trade I've noticed... in a few years I hope that changes but right now its especially hard to place big fish in good home. And Gar are a niche fish.. they generally don't do well with other popular big fish so they need dedicated space ect.. not many gar fanatics out there as we'de like to think sometimes.

That is a nice LNG. They can be hard to find.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
That is true and mine are even more easy to sell because they eat everything and can be housed with aros and rays. Small silver fish are still a no go but most everything else has worked with my group.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store