Best Everyday Use Acrylic Cleaner?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I am curious what most of you are using to clean you acrylic with on a daily basis? Not polish or buffing, just stain removal.

I am old school spit and towel but I would like to get something a little better..

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
I keep a microfiber towel hanging from the side of my light fixture and use it to clean up any drops of water before they dry. For water stains I just get a corner wet and use the other side to wipe clean. Regular towels leave streaks but microfiber dries clear and takes out any marks I've encountered on my acrylic tanks without using chemicals. For the inside I just use a mag float and the soft side of a sponge ;)

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
always used abit of white vinegar in our water bottle w/ a nice towel at work to get the job done... to this day I hate cleaning tank fronts/top/ect from all the years and hours wiping down tank at the beginning and end of the day lol...

Aquaman14

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2013
So Cal
Ditto on the vinegar. I've even used apple cider vinegar when I didn't have any reg. It also works good on hard water build up are water stains. Just let soak and it comes right off. When I'm doing a big water change I'll use it to get the water marks and hard algae off while the water level is low. Just used a fresh wet towel to wipe it off before refilling.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store