sump ideas/ thoughts

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Right now I am running a 40gal +- sump on my 180gal. I have a planted 125gal linked to the 180gal. I also have about 2900gph running through the system all together. I will be getting a larger tank soon. I plan on getting things ready off of this tank for the bigger tank.

Now here is what I am thinking.

1) my current sump has a 1.5" or so pipe that is plugged at the bottom. I could connect it to another sump and run twin 40gal sumps. They would be linked with that pipe.

2) I have been thinking of getting another 40gal sump and running it separate from the other sump so I would have twin independent sumps on the tank.

3) pull out that sump I have and do on big sump. Like a 5'x20"x20" that I would custom build. Then use that other sump on something else.

4) get a 125gal and build it into a sump and run it under my planted 125 gal that I have linked to the 180gal. Do this along with #1, #2 or #3.

5) I will be building a k1 reactor much like Stan's(energy's) in combination with any of the above.

I plan on swapping the 180gal for a 300gal soon.

Thoughts or ideas?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
independent sumps would be extremely hard to balance. One will run dry and the other will overflow most likely

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I could see this happening. I was going to use identical pumps, spraybars and overflows. That is why I was thinking about using the plugged bulkhead in the one and linking it to the other. Or just making on big system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store