Silver Aro Breeding?

P.A.NativesBPM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello,

As everybody I think knows by now, I'm building a heated pond soon for some monsters. I really want a jardini, but I just don't want to risk the rest of my stock.

Now I'm thinking about silvers.

Would it be possible to breed them with some pbass and a redtail in the tank? I know it isn't likely but there will be a shallow area that I don't think the other fish could reach.

How do I end up with a pair?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Beleive silvers need to be in large groups in massive ponds to breed. You never no you could possibly get a breeding pair highly doubt it though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Getting a pair of arowana is the same as getting a pair of anything; buy a bunch of juvi's, give them enough space to comfortably grow into adults and let nature tank it's course.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Good luck. But 800 gallons is not going to be enough for a full grown RTC and pbass and 6 arowanas... If you do breed them that would be REALLY cool though...

P.A.NativesBPM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Good luck. But 800 gallons is not going to be enough for a full grown RTC and pbass and 6 arowanas... If you do breed them that would be REALLY cool though...

I'll be getting rid of the other 4 once I have a pair, so I think everybody will have enough space. Thanks though!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I'll be getting rid of the other 4 once I have a pair, so I think everybody will have enough space. Thanks though!

Hey... I just read ur other thread where you decided to just get native stock for your pond... Does that mean the aro breeding is off :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store