7' x 2' x 3' tank lighting

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
ok everyone, now the time for my first big tank has come :D unfortunately, I can't decide on lighting. The first lighting I was thinking of was the Hagen Glo, T8 30w 96cm. That was a bit stupid on my part as my tank is 210cm/7'. I need some serious help with deciding on the lighting and where better to go then MFK :p
I had another thread on this but I never got a proper answer so I'm requesting help urgently now
(thanks to those on the last thread for your input, you guys are awesome)
I don't need absolutely crazy lighting as i'm not growing live plants, however I do need lighting where the tank does not seem dull. I am truly sorry for being a pain in the backside but i do need the lighting so thank you in advance!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Its gonna depend on your budget but I would suggest looking into the LED market. Fixtures might be a little more costly initially but they will pay for themselves quickly in energy savings and not having to buy replacement bulbs.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Its gonna depend on your budget but I would suggest looking into the LED market. Fixtures might be a little more costly initially but they will pay for themselves quickly in energy savings and not having to buy replacement bulbs.
ahh ok. Any specific brand or particular model your pleased with?

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
agreed 10000% they do cost alot but they are so worth it plus you can get the ones with the awesome colors :p

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
have you started working on the tank yet X?
I've got 2 exams left which will be done by this Friday. Saturday am at work, same on Sunday. Monday the production shall begin :D ive got the stand wood in my shed and on the same day, I shall go pick up the brick work. By the 21st of june, the stand shall be built. Then, the building of the hood will commence!

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
looking at the beamswork, it seems great but it is a clip on light and I keep eels. I'm worried it'll present a gap to escape from..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store