SunSun Canister Filter

Convict Cichlids

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2010
NEW YORK
3-STAGE AQUARIUM CANISTER FILTER 265 GPH FOR FRESH/SALT WATER

Description :

Enhance aquarium filtration with large-capacity, 3-stage canister filters. Revolutionary canister filters boast greater media-storing capacity so aquarium water comes into contact with more filter media during the initial pass. Advanced, high-performance features help ensure high water quality plus quick and easy routine filter maintenance

Feature:

· 3 stage filtration
· Includes all hoses and everything necessary to get started
· Max Flow Rate: 265 GPH (1000L/h)
· Hose size: 3/4"
· Max-H: 4.6 feet
· 110-120V 50-60Hz
· Adjustable-height inlet tube fits even the deepest aquariums
· Recommend Tank Size: 30-75 Gallon

DIMENSION: 9 X 9 X 15.5 inches (L x W x H)

INCLUDES:

(1) Input and Output Discreteness
(1) Barrel Head
(1) Main Canister Body
(1) Draining Tray Cover
(3) Draining Filtration Trays
(1) Output Curvy Bar
(1) Input Curvy Bar
(2) Connected Bars
(2) Spray Bars
(1) Spray Bar Cover
(3) Input Bars
(1) Input Cover
(4) Strong suction
(3) white-fine Pad Cottons pads

How Good Are These Filters?
Worth THe Money?

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
I got the Aquatop CF 400 exactly (the same item under another brand)two months ago and its has been running with no issue at all and with excellent results, I am so pleased with it that I got another one but this time under the Sunsun brand that by the way is cheaper!.

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
It all depends. I considered a different model of SunSun a while back for several weeks. Finally settled on a Rena XP3 and am very happy with it so far. The SunSuns are widely considered worth the money if you are willing to accept it is made cheaply and will fail more often than the bigger name brands as a result. Some folks never report a problem while others seem to go through a problem every few months. Lots of those buying the unit are advised on forums like this to keep them inside of large totes because the O-rings are one of the first things to go. The SunSun parts are often readily available for purchase depending on what brand they are sold under (Aquatop and SunSun seem to sell replacement parts that are easy to find while other brand names that are the same exact model are harder). The spray bars are reportedly very fragile and break easily during assembly/disassembly, so be careful when setting it up or taking it down for cleaning. That is all the info I remember reading about online, but just google "SunSun review" and you will find a lot of information for and against it.

This review was very helpful to me when I was doing my research. http://forum.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70475

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
I setup mine just over a week ago. So far its doing great and it was a breeze to set up. I didnt even have the usual priming button failure that everyone says they have, mine primed in about 15 minutes. The intake and output hoses are the only thing that I can complain about so far, theyre just kinda cheeply made and seem to not want to stay on the glass. I might exchange them out for FX5 or Ehiem input outputs.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
if you don't mind hob's the aqua clear 110 is a much safer alternative for about the same money:popcorn:

Aquaticfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2013
Colorado
I've got 4 different sunsun/aquatop filters. Have had some of them for over a year and no issues.I've got the cf300, cf400uv and 2x cf500uv. I always get spare parts for ANY brand of canister. I've also got some fluval and eheim. I keep spare orings seals and impellers for all of them cause nothing is perfect. I think these filters are a great budget buy that works well. I know lots of people that have them with no issues. I personally don't use the spray bar. I use a single larger outlet. Better circulation.

For those that don't know. The marineland canister filters are the same filters as these minus the uv.

So far after a year plus I give them a thumbs up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store