Fish in transit for to long

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
I ordered a 20" fire eel and the seller shipped it Priority mail. :screwy:

USPS is saying it will take 5 business days for me to receive the package. What are the chances of the eel making it and if he does indeed make the trip, once he's in my aquarium how long do you think it would take to see if he'll survive long term? I'm sure the water will be pretty fowl, would there be any long term damage?

I've always received shipments in 1-2 days so I've never had to deal with this before.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I had a female convict survive a 4 day shipment during a snow storm. The other 3 that was sent with her died but she didn't I drip acclimated her and she pulled thru 100%. If the eel does make I say it's a 50/50 chance.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
It's the 4th business day and I still don't have a fish. It hasn't even hit the main hub near me so it's at least two days out. They say they will replace it but I don't know if I want to deal with this company anymore. If only they would have shipped it expedited like they were claiming they would have....

xjman18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Houston
Did they charge you for the more expensive shipping?

Sent from my MB855 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Call your local postal offices you should be able to find like that.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Did they charge you for the more expensive shipping?

Sent from my MB855 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
They stated free expedited shipping with this fish purchase. When I talked to the guy about it not showing up yet he claimed he was not going to spend $45 on express shipping as he wouldn't make much money.

Call your local postal offices you should be able to find like that.

I did, they have no updates on the package since it left the facility late Monday night. The only thing she kept saying is this isn't good...

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
They stated free expedited shipping with this fish purchase. When I talked to the guy about it not showing up yet he claimed he was not going to spend $45 on express shipping as he wouldn't make much money.

I did, they have no updates on the package since it left the facility late Monday night. The only thing she kept saying is this isn't good...
Is that the post office or the place you got it from

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
Yeah man thats not good - 20in fish stuck in a bag for 4days+...fish are alot tougher than we give them credit for though. Its best to be prepared in case your guy is living when he arrives. I'll let others chime in here, but if I were you I would use the plop & drop method when he arrived. Float the bag to get the temp right, net the guy and drop him in. The ammonia is going to rise like crazy when you open up that bag - I'd want him in clean water ASAP! Good luck to you & never go with this seller again!

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Yeah man thats not good - 20in fish stuck in a bag for 4days+...fish are alot tougher than we give them credit for though. Its best to be prepared in case your guy is living when he arrives. I'll let others chime in here, but if I were you I would use the plop & drop method when he arrived. Float the bag to get the temp right, net the guy and drop him in. The ammonia is going to rise like crazy when you open up that bag - I'd want him in clean water ASAP! Good luck to you & never go with this seller again!
+1. Op I don't mean to be negative but it sounds bad. I hope it makes it alive and well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store