My gar

dledinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2013
North Carolina
Got him started on frozen silversides...I guess that's the first step!

I guess there's not a way to post a picture from my phone, like I'd planned. I'll have to try something here...

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I have two spotted gars about 13 inches long. I tried too keep small gaiter gars with krill and they all died after a while. Now I feed them goldfish once a week, and now they eat pellets and krill when they get bigger I will move them into my 420 gallon tank were I have my large aggressive stuff I feed them Tilapia fillets that I slice the long way then cross cut to desired size.hopefully they will start eating it along with pellets and krill.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Nice little florida looks like he has potential to get a nice pattern on him. I found once mine started taking dead foods floating pellets where cake to start adding as well. keep his diet as varied as you can with pellets and live/frozen fish type foods, if you fish try any leftover nightcrawlers ( one of my floridas in particular loves them). all my gar get a nice variety of pellets (NLS, hikkari, omega one) and any type of frozen fish I find on sale at the market ect that looks good. I just freeze it in 2-3 day batches and thaw as needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store