Anybody use a temperature controller?

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
I'm looking to try out a temperature controller. I'm tired of playing around with my heaters to get the desired temp. Can anybody recommend a good/reliable one? I was thinking about getting one from Jehmco. Advice?

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
I'm using an Aqualogic temp controller. It's a two stage, but I'm sure u can find a single stage just for heating. It works great.
I had to play the heater game to and it sucks. Could never get them right.
Now I don't worry about it

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
I'm looking to try out a temperature controller. I'm tired of playing around with my heaters to get the desired temp. Can anybody recommend a good/reliable one? I was thinking about getting one from Jehmco. Advice?
I have been using the Fennix heater controller for my Fluval m300. Nothing but great things. I set it at 78F and i have never seen my temp drop below 77 nor go above 78F. I found it on amazon.com for $30. Check it out. I still need to buy another one for my 240 gallon.

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
Thanks for the info - I've pretty much decided I'm going to buy one, now I just have to figure out what is available. Jehmco is the only place I've seen them before, I'll check out aqualogic too. I don't need a very powerful one. I just want it to run two 300watt heaters.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
ive got 2 on my 180 and they work great. not only for accurate temp control, but for peace of mind if one sticks on. I got mine for about £20 on ebay and even though they are cheap they work a treat. mine are wrong voltage for you, but in principal they are great

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
The Jehmco and Aqualogic controllers are the same; they are both rebranded ETC Supply Ranco controllers:

Jehmco: http://www.jehmco.com/html/temperature_controller.html

Aqualogic: http://www.aqualogicinc.com/products/temp_controllers/

ETC Supply: http://www.etcsupply.com/ranco-etc111000000-digital-temperature-controller-p-86.html

I bought mine from Jehmco and am very happy with it. I bought the ETCI-1R with two receptacles and it's been working great; it comes pre-wired so it's plug and play. I know that some of the controllers Jehmco sells do not come prewired and a lot of vendors that carry these controllers also do not come pre-wired....just a head's up in case you don't want the hassle of wiring them yourself.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I'm using a cheap one I bought off Fish-street.com for my 400L tank and it works well, but I'll be running a custom made one built by a friends father who is an electrical engineer on the 2000L tank as the cheap controller can only handle 1000W of heater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store