Filling and testing a 120high

Brown Water

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
Ma
Have a 120 high that was in a basement for quite a few years. I want to clean it up a bit (little bit of dried up algae it looks like and maybe aquarium salt) the silly cone on it looks good, but obviously want to fill it and test it before I bring it inside. This is the largest tank I have had... Guess my question is. Does it have to be shimmed on my deck to fill it? Like will a hairline gap crack the glass or are they meant to give a little? I know like if I get a 20L or something from the dump for free I just throw it up on my deck and fill it without caring if all corners are touching because right after I see its holding water under the trim line I empty it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Brown Water

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
Ma
What? That's not what it is? You can use that stuff for anything... It's kinda like duck tape or franks red hot.... I put.... Well you've heard the commercials.

tommybhermitage

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
Hubbard Ohio
No I mean how you typed it lol, it's silicone and you said silly cone. Just funny :) but you should be fine just filling it up outside just make sure you don't move it with water also considers its high, make sure you remove all water before you move.

Brown Water

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
Ma
No I mean how you typed it lol, it's silicone and you said silly cone. Just funny :) but you should be fine just filling it up outside just make sure you don't move it with water also considers its high, make sure you remove all water before you move.

Heh... Got the first joke, apparently not the second, third, or even fourth...

Brown Water

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
Ma
Don't think I could move it if it had any water in it anyways, thing is wicked heavy on its own... Old with no center braces so I think it's thicker glass, but I could be wrong haven't really looked at the newer ones with the braces.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store