Is this a good price?

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
Im going to be buying a dat soon and I wanna know if these are good prices. Im either buying an ntt or an indo.
Indo is 13" and is $120 hes pretty dark but has beautiful fins he is also in a tank with big cichlids
Or a 6" NTT that is $60 he is really stable and has thicker bars

Which one is the better catch?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think some would argue that both are good deals but unless I can tell what the bigger dat's stripe pattern looks like,and if I like the pattern,I wouldn't bother with it.I would go for the six inch thinbar for sixty bucks.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I would go with the NTT

The stripes are nearly always perfect on them and you stand a better chance of getting it stable (looking nice)

NTT are my second fav tiger you can't beat them for the price

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
I think some would argue that both are good deals but unless I can tell what the bigger dat's stripe pattern looks like,and if I like the pattern,I wouldn't bother with it.I would go for the six inch thinbar for sixty bucks.
The indo is a symmetrical 4 bar and the first stripe almost goes all the way around, like a collar.

try to get a Deal for both. NTT is better choice unless the Indo is a 3Bar
Theyre at different lfs' not to mention I hear only having 2 dats leads to bullying

I would go with the NTT

The stripes are nearly always perfect on them and you stand a better chance of getting it stable (looking nice)

NTT are my second fav tiger you can't beat them for the price

Yea, I do like the thinbar. But arent they more sensitive? I have good params but I hear theyre unforgiving with mistakes.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
NTT are a bit more sensitive but once they get to the size you mention they are much stronger

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I also believe Ntt's are more prone to internal parasites. I treated mine with prazipro when I got him at 2-3" 8 months ago and now he's 6" and healthy. Pounding massivore since day 1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The indo is a symmetrical 4 bar and the first stripe almost goes all the way around, like a collar.
That is what is referred to as a full necklace and in most cases when there is such a difference in size the bigger dat tends to ignore the smaller one.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
NTT are a bit more sensitive but once they get to the size you mention they are much stronger

Great, thanks. Any tips on how to get him on pellets? (I haven't bought him yet but I want to be prepared.)

I also believe Ntt's are more prone to internal parasites. I treated mine with prazipro when I got him at 2-3" 8 months ago and now he's 6" and healthy. Pounding massivore since day 1

I will treat him anyways cause I think the lfs im buying him at is feeding feeders.

That is what is referred to as a full necklace and in most cases when there is such a difference in size the bigger dat tends to ignore the smaller one.
Are full necklaces desirable? And thats good ro know about the big and small dats, thanks!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The necklace is a nice feature on dats and I've never heard anyone speak against them.Its not one of the main things I look for though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store