getting job at wholesaler in ca

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
Hi so ill start off with a little background about myself. Im seventeen years old and ive finally finished my junior year of highschool. Ive been keeping fish since I was 5 years old with my dad and now i have about 500 total gallons of fish tanks in my house. This summer is finally one where I have no summer school or prep class to attend and im able to drive myself around, so i was looking forward to maybe looking for a summer job in the fish industry. At first i thought about working at one of my lfs but the stores around where i live are rather small, not well kept, or the owners are not friendly. What im really looking for is working at a local wholesaler where i would able to expose myself to a much larger volume of fish. I know there are a couple wholesalers in Gardena, but i was wondering how cud i go about contacting them. Any Thoughts about me trying to get a job at one? bad idea?

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
You can only try. Go put in some applications that's all you can do is try. Good Luck
+1 you got nothing to loose, who knows maybe your find a nice job :)

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
well i was hoping for guys in cali to recommend some wholesalers they know of? i know theres poseidon and exotic reef imports

pbass510

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
Bay Area
Gl :) im in the same boat as you for this summer :D but ive found this kinda of warehouse place i applied for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store