White background..

mgmt101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando
Anyone ever have a plain white background on there fish tank.
I can't even find one on Google.
Pics would be nice

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Anyone ever have a plain white background on there fish tank.
I can't even find one on Google.
Pics would be nice

I would think the biggest reason would be it shows algae very quickly. Also, most do not clean algae off the back of their aquariums (because of no access) and therefore it's not a good choice. Another reason is that having a white background along with sand (which most use) would wash out most fishes color.

There might be more reasons out there, but algae and fish color is one's that I think of at the moment.

Sent from my LGL86C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mgmt101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando
Hmmmm that's true.
I wouldn't do it as I prefer the black background,just wanted to see if someone has it:cool:

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Theres more than a few around here somewhere, im sure someone will post....honestly they look pretty "clean" aswell. Imo they would wash out most fish but to my surprise the ones ive seen were pretty cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Check out the 50G build thread link in my sig... that tank has a solid white background on it...

Honestly, i'm currently using 3 types of backgrounds on 3 separate tanks, 1 has a 3D background, 1 is black, and the other is white... personally i almost prefer the cleaner look of the white background, but it really depends on what you are trying to achieve with the tank, as to what type or color background you would want to use...

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
IMO a black bg makes the water look more crisp. When the water is super clean it almost doesn't seem likes there's water at all. Almost like the fish are swimming through air. I've tried blue and white, but now i stick with black. I like the ones that look like a planted scene too. For a planted tank, it makes the tank look bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store