New 120 gallon tank

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Over the weekend I picked up a brand new 120 gal tank with stand. I still got a lot to do with it. I have to:
Pick up a hood and lights
Hit michaels or somewhere else for plastic plants
Pick up my last filter, a big canister to go along with 2 aqueon 75s, hopefully a Rena xp3 or xp4
Make a black backround
Arrange the rest of the manzanita I got
Decide on stock

Tank specs:
Dims- 60in x 18in x 26in tall
Substrate- pool filter sand
Aquascape- manzanita from manzman and plastic plants
Filtration- 2 aqueon 75s and lookin to get a large canister, probly a Rena xp3 or xp4 unless someone has other suggestions.
Lighting-?, but probly won't be too fancy
Stock-?
My thoughts were discus because its a tall tank, a SA biotope, a few large cichlids, not sure yet. Any input would me more than welcome. Thanks for lookin

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1371561882.587821.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1371561897.378482.jpg
Sorry for such bad pictures. This is how it looks so far. I will be workin on it a lot this mornin so should get some updated pictures soon

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Ok finally done with the hardscape with the manzanita from manzman. The squares in the middle are just filter pads from an old filter to help get the bb in there. I really like how rooty and crazy the wood is and happy with how it came out. There's one thing off this tank's to do list. Not just gotta get the water clear

allaboutfish1996

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
memphis tn
That looks really good. I love the dimensions of your 120 too. Much better than the 120 high I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
That looks really good. I love the dimensions of your 120 too. Much better than the 120 high I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks man yes I really liked the dims too. Good length, pretty good depth, and a nice height, would make for a nice discus tank if that's what I decide to do

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
Nice set-up. I have a 120 with the same dimensions. I really like the aquascaping as well. Looking forward to seeing it stocked soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store