• 125 Gallon

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

rwellbaum

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
USA
If you had to choose the between 2 tanks a 150 gallon (4'x2'x30") or a 125 gallon (6'x18"x23") what would you choose?

I have both tanks and I am in the process of moving to a new house (I also just got engaged):naughty: and I will be buying another huge tank for the new house and I wanted to sell one of these tanks for some extra hobby cash...

The tank will be used as a grow-out tank and/or just extra tank
I don't really want to keep both tanks but who knows I might...
I think I am leaning more towards keeping the 150 gallon because of more water volume and I like the depth better...
But I don't like that I have to take my shirt off to reach the bottom of the tank lol

What do you all think?

Help me decide which one to sell and which one to keep...
Thanks

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Congrats on engagement rwell. Honestly I would do the 125. Obviously the extra water volume and depth of the 150 is appealin, but the length of the 125 is much better imo

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I think it comes down to what you want to put in it. The height is lost on most fish, so I would probably go the 125 route. If you do not care seeing it is a grow out tank, and prefer the looks of the 150, I would do the 150.

Superbass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
Canada
lots of things to consider i guess. what bigger size tank will you be buying (dimensions)? if you are into DIY you may want to keep both and use one as a giant sump for two tanks to reduce cost of filtering and electricity, depends on your budget, planned set ups, available space and time for the hobby. i would keep all tanks, my logic is that you wont get too much for a used tank (300$? filters cost about that much for less filtration) it also gives you more options (grow out, hospital tank, sump, more fish, emergency tank, possible set up for an aquaponic tank to grow veggies/plants and get rid of nitrates).

rwellbaum

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
USA
Congrats on engagement rwell. Honestly I would do the 125. Obviously the extra water volume and depth of the 150 is appealin, but the length of the 125 is much better imo

Thanks!

I think it comes down to what you want to put in it. The height is lost on most fish, so I would probably go the 125 route. If you do not care seeing it is a grow out tank, and prefer the looks of the 150, I would do the 150.
something to think about... thanks
lots of things to consider i guess. what bigger size tank will you be buying (dimensions)? if you are into DIY you may want to keep both and use one as a giant sump for two tanks to reduce cost of filtering and electricity, depends on your budget, planned set ups, available space and time for the hobby. i would keep all tanks, my logic is that you wont get too much for a used tank (300$? filters cost about that much for less filtration) it also gives you more options (grow out, hospital tank, sump, more fish, emergency tank, possible set up for an aquaponic tank to grow veggies/plants and get rid of nitrates).
you have a point... my next larger tank will all be considered around the layout of the basement of my new house i am hoping to go 300+ + + gallon range
I could sell my tank where im from for around $600 people around here are kindof dumb when it comes to tanks and both of my tanks are in great shape...

anyone else have an opinion?

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I almost bought a 150 a while back. I like tanks that are 2' front to back, but I also prefer to house large predatory fish as opposed to communities. I'd cast my vote for the 150. Really good suggestions above though (esp. Superbass). If you CAN keep them, then do. If you can only keep one, I'd go for the 150

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com

I agree.

In general terms it is more desirable a tank with a big foot print rather than depth so maybe the 125 is the more appealing call.

Cheers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store