Hang on back wet dry filter

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Try Emperor 400.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=j4TEuPemlng&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dj4TEuPemlng[/video]

Bio wheels should give you what youre looking for. I have just bought one of them, they use cartridges but you can customize the cartridges using some polyester floss pads and in second stage you can fill it up with biorings, anyway you can do whatever comes to your mind, give it a go it wont dissapoint you.

Cheers.

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Aquaclear HoB's come with ceramic biomax but they are fully submerged. Fluval's newer C2/3/4 hob line supposedly has an actual wet/dry chamber but I've only seen them online so I'm not entirely sure how they work. I read their impeller assembly breaks easily tho so I would stick with ACs

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Aquaclear HoB's come with ceramic biomax but they are fully submerged. Fluval's newer C2/3/4 hob line supposedly has an actual wet/dry chamber but I've only seen them online so I'm not entirely sure how they work. I read their impeller assembly breaks easily tho so I would stick with ACs
Aquaclear are outstanding filters, I have a 110 and a 70 myself actually, but if youre looking for a hob with a wet dry feature it has to be emperor 400, Emperors Bio wheels=Wet dry feature.

Cheers.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
aqua clear / fluval work good for what you want. I used to fill my 110 with just a sponge and biomax.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Aquaclear are outstanding filters, I have a 110 and a 70 myself actually, but if youre looking for a hob with a wet dry feature it has to be emperor 400, Emperors Bio wheels=Wet dry feature.

Cheers.
Ah good point lol, I actually have an emperor 200 with one bio wheel but forgot it was considered a wet/dry system :p They have a nice flow rate too, and I like how they have space for an extra cartridge because I cut my own floss to size and use the rest of the space for a media bag filled with biomax. I've heard mixed opinions on bio wheels actually increasing nitrates over time tho so I prefer my ac70 and 110 (filled with a sponge, floss, clearmax, and biomax).

These c-series filters have a built-in drip tray but I cant tell if they're filled with ceramic media or something else http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003SJXTIU/ref=pd_aw_sim_petsupplies_5?pi=SY115

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Ah good point lol, I actually have an emperor 200 with one bio wheel but forgot it was considered a wet/dry system :p They have a nice flow rate too, and I like how they have space for an extra cartridge because I cut my own floss to size and use the rest of the space for a media bag filled with biomax. I've heard mixed opinions on bio wheels actually increasing nitrates over time tho so I prefer my ac70 and 110 (filled with a sponge, floss, clearmax, and biomax).

These c-series filters have a built-in drip tray but I cant tell if they're filled with ceramipc media or something else http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003SJXTIU/ref=pd_aw_sim_petsupplies_5?pi=SY115
Any filter system when left without cleaning is going to become a nitrate factory, when biowheel gets too dirty you can always rinse it in a bucket full of the same tank water and thats it.

C series doesnt convince me I think c series is too small when compared to ac 110 or Emp 400.

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Ya the flow rate of a c4 doesn't really compare to an ac110 or emperor 400, closer to the 200 and a little less than an ac70. It's just an interesting concept but I wouldn't buy one after reading the reviews

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store