so my reef is slowly dieing and i can nothing do about it:(

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
It was a very hot day today and the cooling system of my marine tank failed. As i came home some corals already looked dead...all others look very sick and the temperature of the water is extreme high. I shut light off and put cold water slowly into the tank and now all i can do is too hope some may survive...its a horrible feeling. :(

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
What about portable air conditioner? Sorry to hear that, hope its gonna heal in time and thats not too late..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Naos1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2012
Pasig, Philippines
Here's me hoping for the best to happen...There's no worse feeling for an MFKer but to see all the hard work perish, fish fighting to death or dying.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
The fish are fine and so are the invertebrates...just the corals look terrible...one is dead for sure...I ordered a new water cooler but its not working. Seems like a defect inside the tank. I thought about an external solution and ordered a laptop cooler. Till that arrives i´ll use a normal fan.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
The laptop fan arrived today. I installed it with tape...Its working so far. Most of the corals look like they make it. One is dead...and my biggest coral looks like she is between life and death.

Problem i have now is that i want clean the glass...but on the other hand i guess thats no good idea right now. I don´t want add more biomass to the filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store