Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
For the price of a fish?

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
No I just pay for what they are asking or don't buy it.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
always unless they are a chain. negotiate on everything in the lfs(helps i have a buddy that owns a lfs to get dealer cost)

hemiboo

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
Sometimes. If I'm just buying food or a cheap fish then no, but if I have a list of stuff and I'm cutting it close on the budget then yeah I'll try. Never hurts to ask, they say no and I buy it or don't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
No I just pay for what they are asking or don't buy it.
Sounds like something a LFS owner would say......you've been caught!

Seriously though, I think you should always haggle with LFS prices - within reason. Especially so if you are buying several at once, or if your buying a particularly mature/expensive fish. Agree with the other poster who said this is not applicable to chain stores though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hom3yboy22

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2013
South Florida
You should always talk to the dealer and see if he can give you discount or something. One time I got an 80$ arowana for 23$!!!!

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Sounds like something a LFS owner would say......you've been caught!

Seriously though, I think you should always haggle with LFS prices - within reason. Especially so if you are buying several at once, or if your buying a particularly mature/expensive fish. Agree with the other poster who said this is not applicable to chain stores though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
If I am buying specialty fish, I'm usually ordering them and having them shipped. If I am just grabbing some NLS, a few cories and adding to my tetra shoals, I just pay the low low price that my regular LFS offers. Plus if I pay cash, they don't charge me sales tax. The way I see it is, they are running a business. Business is business....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store