hey guys im starting a new tank

monsterfishdude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2013
Canada
i need help about the filtaration what kind would i need what would be good?
im planning on keeping arowanas gar fish, maybe a snakehead, and tigerfish exotic fish like those
and what kind of filteration would i need? to keep the fish healthy? its my 2nd tank but i want to make it like a real tank proper filteration
what would i need and maybe how much? thanks very much guys

monsterfishdude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2013
Canada
and peacock bass would those fiah be compatible toghther? thanks

monsterfishdude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2013
Canada
125-150g nevermind i dont want a snakehead arent they illegal?

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
depends on the dimensions possibly a gar if the dimensions are right. The arowana would outgrow the tank as will the peacock bass. By tiger fish i think you mean datnoids they should fit in there if the dimensions are right. Filtration depends on the fish. If you wanted more than adequate filtration i would go with an eheim 2260. That will cost about $400-$500.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Fx5 or fx6 both quality filters for the money imo , im running one of each mot much difference between the two

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Sump it up or one of the aforemtnioned canister, you planning on getting a bigger tank? If its long and wide the fish mentioned will work, and if you do plan on ever getting a bigger tank the arowana will work

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jyyx03

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 25, 2014
Singapore
Most lilkely a wet dry filter or sumps.I am not very sure about canisters as those i heard only filter to 75 gallons but maybe a higher priced fluval ones, but i still think diy wet dry and sumps can filter your tank really good and some of the fish you keep are messy eaters all the more reason you need a good efficent filter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store