HELP I AM GOING TO FUMIGATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarpris

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2013
Orange County Ca.
I need help I am going to fumigate on my own but idk what should I do about my fish should I turn everything off?

Sent from my SCH-R720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I wouldn't fumigate with the fish in the house, take them out of the house, including the tank and filters

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
take everything out of the house and away from the fumigation radius and some to be safe.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I wouldn't fumigate with the fish in the house, take them out of the house, including the tank and filters
+1 it would be best to move them to a family or friends house for the time being till the job is done.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
I moved mine to my neighbors house 4 houses down. Dont keep inside ur house at all. U can never be to safe. Even if u think u covered EVERY opening in the tank, some poison will eventually get in there one way or another. Just move them out for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
Wow, okay first off you can keep everything on and second you do not have to move them if you do it right. I have done this 4 times 4 different places 100 percent success every time. What you need to do is get some painters plastic, duck tap, and pay attention to detail. You will completely cover each tank you have in this thick plastic (if anyone does not think it will keep out the fumes your crazy you can build bio labs out of the stuff). You want to keep the plastic tank covering your making have some leeway (space for air). Seal off all around the tank with the plastic and keep it simple. Best is to go completely around the tank then make a top and tap it altogether. Tap it down to the floor or whatever you base is and make sure all airways are tapped down. You do the same around any power cords you have running your tank until the whole deal is completely sealed. You can take your heater out or turn off before doing this as it is warm in OC this time of year and you are going to be enclosing the whole until basically trapping in all heat. This can be time consuming to make sure it is done right but not nearly as time consuming as ripping it all down and moving everything then putting it all back together!!
((

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store