New 150 gallon reef

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Hello! I recently picked up a 150 gallon acrylic reef tank and I thought I'd share it up here, see what you guys think. Sense I'm posting anyways, does anybody know of a good tool or way to get coralline algae off of acrylic? thanks

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1372206539.416360.jpg

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
They have those special scrapers made for scraping tough algae off. There's the one's that are like razor blades, don't use those, they'll scratch your acrylic, and there's the hard plastic one's made for acrylic. You still have to be careful though cuz they can still scratch if you push too hard.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
They have those special scrapers made for scraping tough algae off. There's the one's that are like razor blades, don't use those, they'll scratch your acrylic, and there's the hard plastic one's made for acrylic. You still have to be careful though cuz they can still scratch if you push too hard.
Yeah the tank came with one and I tried but I won't really get the thick stuff off, I'm gonna try again and see what it takes to get it off.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Yeah the tank came with one and I tried but I won't really get the thick stuff off, I'm gonna try again and see what it takes to get it off.

I know how you feel. When it comes to the really thick coralline algae that just won't come off with the plastic one, I just use a razor blade REALLY really carefully. The blade never fails as long as its brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I know how you feel. When it comes to the really thick coralline algae that just won't come off with the plastic one, I just use a razor blade REALLY really carefully. The blade never fails as long as its brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah I wish the tank was glass cause it would be a whole lot easier for me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store