cloudiness in tank

Vilardz3190

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
Rockville Centre, NY
Hey all. I have a 125 gallon tank, 2 eheim filters (2213 and 2217) as well as 2 hang on filters for 40 gallons. Also in each filter is a bag of chemipure. I bought a UV sterilizer not so long ago as well and was working great. Even with the cloudiness I still see the shimmer in my water. I had done a water change last weekend and that caused my water to get all cloudy, so I suspected ok let me give it a few days to settle down. I saw NO progress with the cloudiness of my water so I did a slight water change yesterday, still didn't help. I was wondering if any1 can help me figure out why this is happening? Is is possible that there is to much chemipure in my filtration system? My water source have an abundance of elements in it all of a sudden? I have significantly decreased the duration of lighting time just in case it was algae, didn't help either. The tank has been established for about a year now. I have 2 possible solutions. 1 of them being getting a water clarifier, which would be my least favorite option. The second would be to possibly add more beneficial bacteria to see if that helps. Despite the cloudiness the fish and plants are all healthy. Any input will be appreciated!

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
My tank will do that a few times out of the year also. It sounds like its just a bacteria bloom. Mine usually goes away in a day or two. Dont add a bunch of chemicals, just let it run its cycle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Vilardz3190

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
Rockville Centre, NY
do you think I should add biozyme or anything?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store