need to know good filtration for a 90 gallon

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
It can be an AC110 and a CF 400, an Emperor 400 and a CF 400, an AC 110 and an Emperor 400, those are the combos I would do becaus those are the filters I use. lol.

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
tanks gyuys definetly going to look into those models... i have a marineland 350 canister rite now but its almost on its way out just looking for a really good new one

Aquaticfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2013
Colorado
Im a firm believer in you cant have to much. Alot of your filtration should depend on what the tank load and use is going to be. If its a heavy load look at larger canister filters like the Aquatop CF500uv on the budget end. Or for a premium canister look at the FX5. Or if your looking for what I consider the better end of filtration use a sump/wet dry based set up thats more customizable. With a sump set up you can do things cheaper or more expensive. You can pretty well customize it in any way you chose. You can combine filters (my favorite) so you have lots of different things covered. You could build a sump out of another tank with some glass dividers or you could even do a sump with a drawer filtration or a bucket filtration. You could set it up where your heater is in the sump and not the tank for less clutter in the tank. Really depends on what you want. I think so many times people just slap on a HOB and call it good. Personally after using about every brand and model of filter out there in the last 36 years... Im not real fond of HOB's much anymore. Some of it will be personal preferance. In an HOB the biggest and best will be the Aquaclear 110. Ive had several of them But I find them a pain to clean and I dont think they do as good as a quality higher flow canister filter will. Canister offer more filtration ability and types. (I dont worry about chemical just mechanical and Bio) Canisters to me arent to big of a deal to clean. Just disconect dump and change the mechanical media. With a Sump its even easier to service and you can basically filter even more and better. On my 90 gallon I run a sump/Wet dry filtration with a CF500UV canister filter. Works great. But again. Opinions and thoughts will vary. Qualify what your needs are and what your budget is and what your goals will end up being. Spending correctly up front I think always makes it better in the long run.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
^^^^Regarding filtration the best way to go is a sump, however I do like HoBs and canister, they have their charm, make the hobby much simpler, are fun themselves and the most important: They work, and work well.

IMHO I only would go sump it we were talking about tanks bigger than 200 gal, for smaller ones I would choose Hobs and canisters instead, but that's me because I like them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store