Everyone. Power outage here!!!

7napoleon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2013
United States
Ok every one. My street is experience power outage, not expect power back in 12 hours. I have 4 tank: 125 gallon. 75 gallon. 20gallon. 10gallon. I don't have battery power air pump.
What I can do to keep my fishes alive?
Now I manually add water to each tank once an hour.
Anything else I can do

And I am not planing on low water level to relay on fish movement to increase oxygen. My tap water is horrible. Can not add to aquarium even after add conditioner. So water is precious for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Where do you live? Maybe somebody has a pump you can borrow. Just cut down on feelings and stir the water. You should also run water thought the filter. The fish will be fine. I was joking about being screwed. My fish made it through Sandy for weeks. Fish go through much worse when they're getting shipped.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
It's sad to say but I agree with the others your pretty screwed. I've learned this the hard way that's why now I always have battery air pumps and D batteries put away with other storm/safety supplies. Good luck.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Most importantly- take all the bio media out of the filters- clean it with tank water, then put in a mesh bag and put it directly into the tank. This will help keep the ammonia levels in check. As for oxygen, just take cups of tank water and pour them back into the tank slowly repeatedly for about 5 minutes every hour.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I wish people would stop saying he's screwed. You're obviously uneducated on what to do during a power outage. Read what I wrote, it will help you all in the future. I had to do this for 5 days when I had no power after storm Sandy. Didn't lose a single fish in 3 tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store