Lfs fish Supplier?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Depends what store it is. Most chain stores use sergeant farms. But if its a small mom n pop store I would ask the owner or employees I don't see why they won't tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andy02793

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
CA
Only way would be to ask them, or look at the shipping labels on the boxes of fish they get in.
Depends what store it is. Most chain stores use sergeant farms. But if its a small mom n pop store I would ask the owner or employees I don't see why they won't tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I asked them but they didnt know. Its Jans tropical fish in Montclair

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
just go in on the days they get their shipments and look at the boxes

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
They have to know. They just don't want to tell you. Tell them to look at their damn invoice lol
Every lfs knows exactly where their stock is from. The only reason they dont want you to know is so you dont go out and buy the same fish for half price or less and so on. If more people were better educated on the fish buying process itself, they could possibly save themselves a few bucks.

Andy02793

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
CA
They have to know. They just don't want to tell you. Tell them to look at their damn invoice lol
just go in on the days they get their shipments and look at the boxes
Every lfs knows exactly where their stock is from. The only reason they dont want you to know is so you dont go out and buy the same fish for half price or less and so on. If more people were better educated on the fish buying process itself, they could possibly save themselves a few bucks.
I dont know when they get fish cause I only go once in a while since its a little far. I only wanted to know who it was so I can find out where my texas is from. I know a lfs and its importer thats 4 min from my house where I get all my stuff at but I didnt ask him to order them for me because last time I asked him to order fish and I forgot about them so I didnt want to ask for another special order so soon.

maxumum2

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2011
kenosha WI
I work at a Lfs in northern IL and the boxes we get are just boxes our distributer gets there fish in. so I get boxes with asin newspapers in it and asin righting all over it some times its segrest farms but not normally.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store