Pool filters for stock tanks?

stumanchu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2012
Nevada
What's up guys? I have access to a few pool filters and was wondering if I could use them for a stock tank? Anyone done this before? Let me know guys, thanks!

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I have two 420 gallon tanks I run them on bead filters which are just like pool filters but instead of sand they use small plastic beads. the benefit of the beads is they do not clog like sand filters.and you get more bio surface and they are simple to clean you just put them on backwash and they show that there running clear you switch to rinse after a few minutes your done. I have mine piped into the sewer so I do not have to run any hoses . I also have an automatic water changer it changes about 100 gallons a day and before I go to bed I add pond prime to tank to take care of chlorine It works for me I hope I gave you some useful Information. Noel

stumanchu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2012
Nevada
I have two 420 gallon tanks I run them on bead filters which are just like pool filters but instead of sand they use small plastic beads. the benefit of the beads is they do not clog like sand filters.and you get more bio surface and they are simple to clean you just put them on backwash and they show that there running clear you switch to rinse after a few minutes your done. I have mine piped into the sewer so I do not have to run any hoses . I also have an automatic water changer it changes about 100 gallons a day and before I go to bed I add pond prime to tank to take care of chlorine It works for me I hope I gave you some useful Information. Noel
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store