Durso issues:confused:

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I just finished the plumbing on my 300g and the standpipe in the right overflow is running silent but the left one is gurgling and the water level in the overflow is fluctuating up and down. I set both up exactly the same and can't seem to find the issue.....any ideas or suggestions?

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
The one that is gurgling is probably shorter in height and flowing more water. They typically make noise when they pull full siphon and then move the water fast enough to loose the siphon. How much gph are you running and what size drain?

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
You may need to drill a larger hole in the left standpipe to allow more air to enter.
The one that is gurgling is probably shorter in height and flowing more water. They typically make noise when they pull full siphon and then move the water fast enough to loose the siphon. How much gph are you running and what size drain?
Thanks guys, Its 1in pvc and bulkheads so roughly 600gph per drain, do you think making the hole on top of the gurgling drain will help?

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Thanks guys, Its 1in pvc and bulkheads so roughly 600gph per drain, do you think making the hole on top of the gurgling drain will help?
Are they diy durso's or out of a kit?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store