Acquiring Rare Gar Species in Bangkok

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I live in Bangkok Thailand and I'm looking for rare species of gar. Spotted and Alligator gar are extremely common here but species like Tropical, Cuban, and Longnose gar species are incredibly rare or there may not be any in Bangkok. I only find gars at the Chatuchak weekend market but the only species I find are Spotted and Alligator, and I go there regularly to purchase feeder fish. I was wondering if anyone knew a area, store, website, etc. to purchase Tropical, Cuban, or Longnose gars in Bangkok or in the area.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
spotted is common there? more like Florida gar as spotted gar is unlikely to be seen out side of the U.S!

ThaiGars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2013
Bangkok
Hi cnel124

I am in BKK too and I have been in the fish business for over 10 years in Thailand.

A word of advise, in Thailand. JJ only has more of the common "exotics"

The real pros and farms are never there but behind the scene supplying to the market.

However,if you are really keen on gars, maybe we can discuss more...

You should take a look at my thread and feel free to contact me about the gars you are keen on...

Cheers

I live in Bangkok Thailand and I'm looking for rare species of gar. Spotted and Alligator gar are extremely common here but species like Tropical, Cuban, and Longnose gar species are incredibly rare or there may not be any in Bangkok. I only find gars at the Chatuchak weekend market but the only species I find are Spotted and Alligator, and I go there regularly to purchase feeder fish. I was wondering if anyone knew a area, store, website, etc. to purchase Tropical, Cuban, or Longnose gars in Bangkok or in the area.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Very keen on gars. I'm happy to know somebody has rare species since I can find them nowhere in Thailand. I am really looking for a long nose, and possibly a cuban gar if you have them. Please let me know as soon as possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store