Clownfish

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
So I went down to my Lfs on Tuesday and I got a clean up crew 10 blue leg hermits and 10 snails I have to say that was definitely worth the money and I also bought a clownfish I'm surprised that neither of my eels pay any attention to this guy which is absolutely great but the problem I'm having is that this clown will only eat frozen food not flakes any one here knows how to curb this

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Does your clown have an anemone? I highly recommend one to help protect it from the eels. Those eels will pose a threat.

I can't access my private messages. That's why I haven't replied!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Does your clown have an anemone? I highly recommend one to help protect it from the eels. Those eels will pose a threat.

I can't access my private messages. That's why I haven't replied!

Oh thanks I was wondering and I don't have the time to get on but any chance I get ill surely get it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Yeah, didn't want to leave you hanging!

Anemones are great for protection and decoration. My clowns would always drag food down to their anemones. I had 2 pairs of clowns with their own anemones. Both were carpets, both were pretty good sized, and both were very easy to maintain.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Yeah, didn't want to leave you hanging!

Anemones are great for protection and decoration. My clowns would always drag food down to their anemones. I had 2 pairs of clowns with their own anemones. Both were carpets, both were pretty good sized, and both were very easy to maintain.

Which anemone would you recommend as in hardier as easiest to maintain

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Carpets worked best for me. I had a Mertens super rainbow and a white carpet that I can't remember the full title of. Both planted immediately and caused zero issues for me. Their sting hurts humans though, so be careful. I recommend them though. They fold up in a neat way at night giving the clowns good resting spots.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Carpets worked best for me. I had a Mertens super rainbow and a white carpet that I can't remember the full title of. Both planted immediately and caused zero issues for me. Their sting hurts humans though, so be careful. I recommend them though. They fold up in a neat way at night giving the clowns good resting spots.

Great thanks skatin I'm not completely sure whether I'm going to keep this clown or put it in my parents tank which I recently rescued well resurrected but anyways I was thinking of getting a lionfish let me know what you think of this thanks

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Great thanks skatin I'm not completely sure whether I'm going to keep this clown or put it in my parents tank which I recently rescued well resurrected but anyways I was thinking of getting a lionfish let me know what you think of this thanks

Lionfish with eels is a great pairing, or at least can be. I love my lionfish, he's really fun to watch. He keeps an eye on me when I'm downstairs and he's much more active than my eel. I say you go for it, they eat a similar diet to the eels as well. Mine has started eating dried brine shrimp fortunately, but that wasn't easy. He's probably 4 years old and he's a BIG boy too :p

Lionfish with clowns, not so much.

If it were me, I'd move the clown and an anemone to their own tank. Less stress will benefit them. Watching a clown interact with an anemone is so fascinating! You will love it.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Lionfish with eels is a great pairing, or at least can be. I love my lionfish, he's really fun to watch. He keeps an eye on me when I'm downstairs and he's much more active than my eel. I say you go for it, they eat a similar diet to the eels as well. Mine has started eating dried brine shrimp fortunately, but that wasn't easy. He's probably 4 years old and he's a BIG boy too :p

Lionfish with clowns, not so much.

If it were me, I'd move the clown and an anemone to their own tank. Less stress will benefit them. Watching a clown interact with an anemone is so fascinating! You will love it.

I'll definitely put him in my parents tank last night I came up to my room and the water quality of my tank was excellent and the water is kind of blurry and I don't know what caused it all my params are in check when I get later today Ill test it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store