Anyone using these LEDs??

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
So I'm weighing up other options as the floodlights I bought for my 2000L tank cast big straight shadows from the bracing, and I could do with a couple of floodlights on the deck to light my BBQ! A friend bought some and said they're pretty good bang-for-buck, just looking for some more feedback. Can anyone comment on how they compare with the Beamswork LEDs?

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-su...satellite-plus-freshwater-led-48-60-inch.html

JimA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2012
Bellingham
I was going to just PM you on it but I thought others may like the review. Seems like a nice light for the price and seems better than the beamworks of which I have two [video=youtube;H8tHqv60FAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tHqv60FAM[/video]

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Can you hook them together so multiple units operate together off the same remote?

cali~budfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sacramento
Damn after looking around on youtube those things look awesome! Haven't looked at pricing yet but the controller looks like an awesome feature. Screw the lightning feature but being able to change the color spectrum of the lighting sounds great. I wonder if one controller can operate two different fixtures?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
I have 30w LED Spotlights that do the same thing and I love them. I have two that I keep on white during the day and the middle that stays on blue all day and night. I have some video's up of my 350 if you look at my threads to get an ideal of what they look like. I think the trick to them is to raise them up off the tank.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I have 30w LED Spotlights that do the same thing and I love them.
Yeah I like the shadow look with the wood, but just not with the 4 lines it creates because of the black silicone on the bracing strips! I'll have a play around with them tomorrow and see if I can take some pictures to show what I mean, I can angle them to minimise it and might be able to get it to the point that I'm happy with it, but will look into these in the mean time.

altumz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
earf
i had marineland double bright leds before. which are similiar to beamsworks and the one u posted kinda. i wasnt satisfy with it. i sold them. and got a 3 10watts floodlight for $20 each off ebay. was a plug and play floodlight. i didnt need to buy the wires and wired them like most floodlighs. and i am very happy with it. the spread is great and the shimmering effect are great. i suspend the floodlight about 10" from the tank. makes it look nicer then the lights right on top.

for your big tank floodlights would be perfect in my opinion. lots of drifwoods and sand with high currents will create very nice shimmering effects. i have 30watts total on my 135. and it grows anubias very well in my tank.

JimA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2012
Bellingham
Pretty sure you can't chain them in a row, will know tomorrow when I get it. As far as price they may be higher than some of the beamworks, but I like the remote feature. I am adding it to the tank with 2 beamworks reef bright so will see how she does. I will get a pic or video up in a day or so, here is what it's going on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store