a mixed day

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I am officially garless. This is the first time I have not had gars since 2009. I am sad to see them go, but I needed to have them go. They went to a good home. I'll let them post them. Tanks look empty now!

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Sucks. I still don't fully understand but whatever..
Basically. I need to condense and reduce my tanks that I am running. As I am starting a LFS based out if my house. Now I also want to breed stingrays, discus and house my black aro. All that makes it really hard to do with the tank full of gars. I lack the space to get another big tank for them right now. I am full up to the point were I have this in my dining room.(see attached pic.) The wife isn't a huge fan of that. I have 16 tanks in a 700 sqft apartment.

Once I get moved to my house and can build my monster setups I have planned I will start again with my gar collection.

Believe me it was a very hard choice. As you can see I choose ray, aro and discus over the gars. Will I regret it...most likely...would I do it again...most likely.

I tried to mix most of them with the rays. They did well and were fine for the most part. Just had some nips here and there and one ray got nipped on the eye. Enough for me to say not worth it when I want to get pups out of my rays.

I hope that helps to clear up my choice for you. Like I have said there were several things involved in this choice and it wasn't easy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I see. What I did not understand is why you'd sell the gars but keep other fish that need lots of space like aros. But obviously those fish mix alot better with other fish so I can understand why you decided to give them up. I can't wait to see what you get when in the new house, some of the stuff you've told me/us sounds incredible.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Wish we coulda gotten more from you but I'm glad you found the rest good homes!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
wow your apartment can support that much weight?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I see. What I did not understand is why you'd sell the gars but keep other fish that need lots of space like aros. But obviously those fish mix alot better with other fish so I can understand why you decided to give them up. I can't wait to see what you get when in the new house, some of the stuff you've told me/us sounds incredible.
The mixing was the key. That is also why I sold 2 of my 3 black aros. They weren't mixing well for me and I lack the space to house them until I can try at a larger size.

Once I move I will be busy building. Nonstop until I get things how I want. I'll focus on one at a time until I get them all done. Otherwise i will die and be to broke if I tried all at once.

Wish we coulda gotten more from you but I'm glad you found the rest good homes!
Yeah I would have liked to have gotten you some more, but I knew the guy that got them would be interested so I made them available once shipping was figured out. The main things were that the Cuban and tropicals wouldn't have been shipped. The Cuban was spoken for before I even wanted to sell it so that one was resolved. The Trops, well we know how that story played out ;)

wow your apartment can support that much weight?
Why yes it can. I am on the ground floor. No basements or anything below me. Except carpet, pad, concrete, and then dirt. All the pluming is above us and the sewer is on the outer walls so the tanks are on the inner walls. That way I'll never have to move them for some building maintenance. Pretty planned and well thought out well in advanced to me moving in here. I turned down 20+ apartments to get what I needed. Even some cheaper with more space. All either didn't have the ground floor available or there was a chance if something happened I would end up having to move a tank so they could get to some pipes or electrical. The walls they are on dont even have electrical on them. I have cords running to them. One exception is there is an outlet behind my 125gal. But that is on the end and the line drops in from above so id only have to move one end a few feet.

A little bit of planing goes a long way in this hobby.

My next move is into my house. That is why I have not moved anywhere else and found better prices. I am not moving the systems more then absolutely necessary.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store