General Stingray Price List

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey everyone,

Havent been fully in the forums in a long time...especially in these part of the woods Lol. Im thinking of possibly getting back in stingrays after the move in is settled. After a few months delay finally moving in officially tomorrow. Now this leave options for possible tank locations of the house. Of coarse size of the tank depends on the size of the ray...but i pretty much know all that. What i wanted to ask before looking into rays is a general pricelist of commonly kept rays. I know the price differs based on age, size, morph and if CB or not, however this is just for estimation. Maybe this can be a possible sticky for the newbies to get te idea of avearage prices...and whats a good deal or a bad deal. Many members herw breed rays and sell them so I look forward into hearing thier views on this.

Many people look for rays as pups(well the newbies of coarse) so lets keep the prices for pups that are captive bred as im a firm believer that CB will lead to less deaths compared to wild ones.

However if you have a price range idea for adults of these rays, post it up as well.

Thanks for all the help...if you only have an idea of a price range for one particular ray, dont worry as we go on i will update it...

Thanks look forward to the contributions

Also we can make a list of breeders here on mfk that frequently breed specfic rays

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Motoro $
Leo $$$$
Marble $$
Pearl $$$
Retic ¢
Mantilla $$
Others not Lister $-$$

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Prices have been covered on a few other threads on here. Prices are never constant but one thing that is constant is the market crash on the black rays. Here in Canada you can hardly get a couple bills for a black ray.

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
Prices have been covered on a few other threads on here. Prices are never constant but one thing that is constant is the market crash on the black rays. Here in Canada you can hardly get a couple bills for a black ray.
wow, i wish that is the case in the states. People are still asking $800 for a black leo pup here.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
wow, i wish that is the case in the states. People are still asking $800 for a black leo pup here.
From what it was it has crashed. People are still asking that but they don't fly off the shelves.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I can get a motoro for the same price as a retic.. and a hystrix for more then either.

Black rays "All" cost more then Browns. A few exceptions but not many.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The price doesn't reflect what a ray is anymore its what a ray looks like that counts nothing more

You can get a $1k bd or a $5k bd its not fair to say that a certain breed of ray should cost x amount of money

Just buy and pay what you feel confutable with

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Leo pups 800
Leoleohen pups 800

Alot of fluctuation in bds. Between 1500 ea and 4k depending on sex and pattern

zoomed.com