Arowana & sturgeon

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I would think the difference in temperature requirements would make it not ideal.

mralbin123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2011
Sweden
I've cept a couple of albino sturegon with a silver arowana I had and that worked good :) I had them in 26 celcius

mralbin123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2011
Sweden
Thank you for your reply's. mralbin123 could you tell me your set up like size of tank, filtration & tank mates.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hello :) sorry for late reply :S My albinos died unfortunately when the power died in the house :( but my new setup is
600 gallon with mega filtration in the tank I currently have
2x Cichla monoculus wc 35cm
1x Beluga x sterlett sturegon hybrid 80cm/32"
1x Russian sturegon 28cm/12"
1x Fei feng 30cm
4x Gibbiceps 30cm
1x Silver arowana 40cm

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I agree, temperature requirements are much too different your just going to set yourself up for failure.

It'll work for a while but you'll either be keeping the sturgeon much to warm then it should be or the arowana much to cold and in either case the fish who drew the short straw so to speak will develop health problems and die.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I've cept a couple of albino sturegon with a silver arowana I had and that worked good :) I had them in 26 celcius
I fine it funny to say "that worked good" when the fish are now dead...

Hello :) sorry for late reply :S My albinos died unfortunately when the power died in the house :( but my new setup is
600 gallon with mega filtration in the tank I currently have
2x Cichla monoculus wc 35cm
1x Beluga x sterlett sturegon hybrid 80cm/32"
1x Russian sturegon 28cm/12"
1x Fei feng 30cm
4x Gibbiceps 30cm
1x Silver arowana 40cm
I recommend separating them putting tropical species in one tank, and the sturgeon in another before problems start to occure. Considering it couldn't be more then a few months that you've had these fish together in your new setup it's not an example of success it's another example of someone in the process or failure.

Fish are tough it can take them time a long time to die from environmental factors but it will eventually kill them or weaken them to the point that some other issue finishes them off. Species that arn't tropical can often withstand the high temps for some amount of time just like they would survive hot summer months but it'll catch up with them eventually that's why they are not found in tropical waters in the first place!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I fine it funny to say "that worked good" when the fish are now dead...

I recommend separating them putting tropical species in one tank, and the sturgeon in another before problems start to occure. Considering it couldn't be more then a few months that you've had these fish together in your new setup it's not an example of success it's another example of someone in the process or failure.

Fish are tough it can take them time a long time to die from environmental factors but it will eventually kill them or weaken them to the point that some other issue finishes them off. Species that arn't tropical can often withstand the high temps for some amount of time just like they would survive hot summer months but it'll catch up with them eventually that's why they are not found in tropical waters in the first place!
Just said it all man, bad idea long term. Neither will thrive or one will live stressed and eventually die prematurely

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store