canister filter with UV sterilizer

luscombe1959

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2013
Florida
Does anybody have any experience with a canister filter that also has a UV sterilizer? I am thinking about adding one to my 75g. I have heard of some benefits of having one but would like to hear some people that have experience with them. So the end question would be is it worth it? why or why not. This link is the one im thinking about for my 75. I already have one sunsun, the one without the UV sterilizer.http://www.amazon.com/SunSun-HW-402...ilizer/dp/B00C8SK62O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I've got the reaction 4 canister with the built in uv and I honestly I noticed one thing and that was when my friends would give me fish they didn't want, sometimes they would have a small case of ich and it would completely go away after a few days. I don't know if that's because of the uv, higher temp, added salt or just overall better water quality or a combination of all of them. As long as you keep your water clean, you don't really need a uv.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I own 2 SunSun 304B cans with uv. Cool canister but not sure if the uv does much honestly. Its pretty cheap and a bit of an afterthought. If you qt fish and do weekly water changes you probably don't need uv.

Most good quality uv units have some kind of wiper, need bulbs regularly and are not cheap.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
I own 2 SunSun 304B cans with uv. Cool canister but not sure if the uv does much honestly. Its pretty cheap and a bit of an afterthought. If you qt fish and do weekly water changes you probably don't need uv.

Most good quality uv units have some kind of wiper, need bulbs regularly and are not cheap.

+1.

I also have a Sunsun HW303b and an AquatopCF400 and to tell true I didn't decide my purcheasing them on the UV unit, I think it is a nice addition although probably doesn't really do much.

Eglinlotus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2013
Ft Walton Beach, FL
I have a Aquatop CF400uv on my 55 gallon I had a slight brown algea bloom but after 2 days I don't anymore :D though one thing is that the water pressure going through it may be a tad fast to work right away but it all depends on how much media you have in it to slow the flow down. Anyways this Aqua top is the poo worth every penny ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store