anybody keeping 2 ITs in one tank?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
I have an IT in my arowana tank.
i have other its in my other tanks.
anybody here keeping only 2 Its and other fish in their tank?
any chance of it working out if only 2 Its together with my arowana?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Most times it doesn't work but it comes down to the individual fish.I had an indo and an NGT growing out in the same tank and they shared the same rock to hide behind and never fought.After I moved the indo for a few months and they are back together in a bigger tank.The indo is now more than twice the size of the NGT and it now bullies it.

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
I have had 2 in the same tank for a while now. Just got back yesterday from a week vacation, after I removed the divider they started swimming next to each other like a pair. No chase no fight....knock on wood

Elemistic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
Singapore
I have 2 its together in common comm.
They seem to be fine at first until one get slightly bigger.
Currently the bigger one bully the slightly smaller piece.

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
I had two together both about the same size 11"-12" seemed fine for a little while next day one was dead and all torn up. Have had a good ten or so together all different sizes 3" to 10" with no problems before.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Right now i have 3 in my 300, they all get along with no fighting at all. I also have nice size group of silver dollars in there so that might take their minds off each other. 1x 12" Indo, 1x 10" Indo, 1x 10" NTT.. Looking at grabbing a NGT next to add to my comm.

fattiger

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
Where the Amazon meets the Mekong
I have always had multiple dats in the same tank of different species and sizes and there is occasional fighting and chasing but nothing as horrible as torn fins missing scales or death. maybe i was just lucky. the only dat i never kept is NGT which i heard is a lot more aggro. i am getting one soon so i will see that for myself

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store