orange stripe prawn goby

oc435

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2013
lincolnshire, IL
hi all, a few days ago I put the live rock (cultured), live sand, and saltwater for my 29 gallon coralife biocube. I have always had a fascination with orange stripe prawn gobies, and I wanted to get one for this tank. My tank has a 3/4 inch sand bed, 10 lbs of live rock, and will eventualy have a chaeto refugium in the 2nd chamber of the sump. I am hoping to have lots of soft coral in this tank eventually. Is this a sand sifting goby? Will their be enough sand for it? will it cover up my coral that are low to the ground? will it harm my snails (smallest ones are .5 inch to 1 inch long)? will it deplete the entire population of pods in my tank? do i need to feed it? I know that this is a lot of questions, but I really would like to know, and i can not find it anywhere else that i look. Thanks.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
hi all, a few days ago I put the live rock (cultured), live sand, and saltwater for my 29 gallon coralife biocube. I have always had a fascination with orange stripe prawn gobies, and I wanted to get one for this tank. My tank has a 3/4 inch sand bed, 10 lbs of live rock, and will eventualy have a chaeto refugium in the 2nd chamber of the sump. I am hoping to have lots of soft coral in this tank eventually. Is this a sand sifting goby? Will their be enough sand for it? will it cover up my coral that are low to the ground? will it harm my snails (smallest ones are .5 inch to 1 inch long)? will it deplete the entire population of pods in my tank? do i need to feed it? I know that this is a lot of questions, but I really would like to know, and i can not find it anywhere else that i look. Thanks.
Well any sand sifting goby gets its food from the sand. I have the same size tank as you and I suggest getting more LR(30 lbs in total) and maybe one piece of reef rock. I'm not really sure if this is a sand sifting goby but I know for a fact the diamond and sleeper gobys are sand sifters

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Yeah the orange stripe prawn isn't really a sand sifting goby. It will dig a few caves but it would go through the sand to clean it. I'm actually looking to pick one up soon but there hard to find in my area.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Coast of mid California, I've just never seen one in person. Everywhere I go they don't have one.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Yeah its pretty much always hot and sunny here. And for the sand bed, I think it'll be fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store