Rookie mistake

SYCichlid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Florida
Well it doesn't get any dumber than this. Forgot to close lid on the tank last night after I fed my Oscar and woke up this morning to him on the floor.

IRONWOOD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2010
usa
I have found fish on the even with the lid closed. Even after placing stuff on top of the lid.:irked:

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I have found fish on the even with the lid closed. Even after placing stuff on top of the lid.:irked:
+1 some fish just want out no matter what , I had also made the mistake of leaving lid open in past it happens to us all :( , my lfs lost a £1000 Asian aro this way not long ago

sharkbite5

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Tuckahoe NY
Sorry to hear it. Most of us have been there before, even with the hood closed, so we definitely know how much it sucks. One time I woke up and found my blood parrot on the floor stiff. When I looked closely I thought his gills were still moving so I through him in my quarantine tank. Turns out he was still alive and is doing great 2 and a half years later.

Dr.Gonzo4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2013
New York
thats why i like to keep the bichirs, they last quite a bit ive saved my senegal a couple times before a big ornate ate him. i even keep a little tuppware thing with a bit of water in it in front of the tank, ive found the senegal swimming around in there a couple times

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store