Reef tank temp?

oc435

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2013
lincolnshire, IL
I have a coralife biocube 29 that is cycling now and is going to be a reef tank. All is well, except my temp. During the day its at a steady 82-84F, and at night (without any lights) its around 80! Is this to high for a reef tank? some people say they have had success with opening the feeding door and blowing a fan in it, or putting a fan over the sump with that door open, but I don't want the feeding door to be open because I will have fish that are known to jump, and i don't want the sump open, because it makes the flowing and crashing water sound really noticeable. any Ideas? Thanks.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I have a coralife biocube 29 that is cycling now and is going to be a reef tank. All is well, except my temp. During the day its at a steady 82-84F, and at night (without any lights) its around 80! Is this to high for a reef tank? some people say they have had success with opening the feeding door and blowing a fan in it, or putting a fan over the sump with that door open, but I don't want the feeding door to be open because I will have fish that are known to jump, and i don't want the sump open, because it makes the flowing and crashing water sound really noticeable. any Ideas? Thanks.
That seems to be the temp range mine stays at, but a few weeks ago we got hit with a heat wave and my tank creeped up to 88 while I was at work. Ever since my pulsing xenia hasn't been looking very well so keep in mind that at your temps it won't have to go up much to get into dangerous ranges.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store